Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Books, Books, Books

As I am getting ready to move back to Canada this August, one task that is especially difficult for me is to sort out the books that are valuable enough that I want to keep them and those that I want to get rid of.

A couple years back, I took advantage of a half-price sale at the Dream Pod 9 store to grab almost all 2nd edition books for Heavy Gear. I love these books, even though they came out in the 90's (for the most part) and I absolutely WILL be shipping those back home.

I can't say I feel the same way about my 3rd edition books.

I don't want to go on eBay to sell them because I frankly could do without the hassle, but I don't really feel like tossing them in the recycling bin either. Sure, I think the 2nd edition was superior, but they're not THAT crappy. Hopefully, someone will be willing to give them a home.

So here is what I have to unload:

DP9-900 Silhouette CORE Rulebook (first printing, NOT the deluxe edition)
DP9-925 Heavy Gear Player Handbook (Hardcover, two or three pages coming loose towards the end)
DP9-926 Earth Companion
DP9-927 Vehicle Companion
DP9-928 Terra Nova Companion

To be clear, these are ALL the books for Heavy Gear 3rd Ed. and the Silhouette CORE rulebook.

Here is the deal:
1) If you want to trade me, let me know what you have to trade. I don't hope to make money on this, but I just want to cover what it's going to cost me to ship to you.
2) I will ship Cargo, so it will likely take a couple months for the books to arrive.
3) All books are second hand, but are in good condition. They have been read, but were never thrown around.
4) I won't split the books. This is very much all or nothing.
5) Yes, you got this right. I want to GIVE the books away. I just want to swap something to compensate for the shipping costs, and everything above that just puts a smile on my face.

I would announce this on the DP9 forum, but I have a feeling they would frown on this. If you are interested, email me at patrickstamand@gmail.com and let me know what you are willing to part with. I am perfectly aware that I run the risk of getting screwed, but I choose to have a little faith in humanity and human decency. And at any rate, it only costs me shipping and wins me tons of great Karma.

No comments:

Post a Comment